Maths Invaders Online is a highly active project and a transformation in progress. We push updates to the site on a regular basis.
Built on a solid award winning foundation
Maths Invaders Online is built on the old multi award-winning CD version. Month by month the capabilities of the new system are expanding on the solid core of the old. These transformational changes are based on feedback from teachers and our ongoing research into the teaching of maths.
Looking forward we have a long list of planned enhancements that will further optimize the learning progression for the students, increase motivation and engagement and more fully extend students
Capacity, efficacy and value are building month by month
Month by month Maths Invaders Online is growing in capacity. Our goal is to create the leading resource for teaching math fact (tables) fluency through individualised mastery learning. As you use it you will see its capacity growing and your students will become more and more engaged in the maths being presented.
Here follows a list of the major developments and enhancements:
- Enhancements to Galatic Campaign:
- A skip ahead mode that will allow students to jump into the mastery progression at a level appropriate to their current maths skills. They will still be able to regress and practise easier work to earn stars but for students with solid skills it will give them the option to start at their level.
- Display of the content being accessed for each step. There are over 850 individual algorithms generating the maths questions. Soon you’ll be able to quickly see which questions are being feed into each Step
- Curriculum correlations. Teachers will be instantly be able to see which curriculum outcomes have been addressed by each Step in the mastery learning progression. The correlations with the Australian Curriculum, the Victoria Curriculum and the NSW Syllabus have all been mapped. We are just waiting on the programming team to implement them
- A Powerful, easy to access overview report that will combining the following dimensions for each student:
- Progress through the Steps and Zones
- Equivalence of the Zones to Year levels
- Speed achieved at each Step
- Correlation of Steps mastered with curriculum outcomes
- Multiplayer game
- Extension to the addition and subtraction exercises for the younger years
- Galactic Campaign – Mastery Learning mode initial release